Plan a FREE day
|June 5, 2011||Posted by under Frugal Entertainment|
Every now and again I do a free day for myself. This means I seek out things to do for free and I dig out coupons I have for free food, events and drinks. Basically it’s a fun adventure because the goal is to go through the entire day not spending a dime but doing all sorts of things.
The trick to this is doing a little planning as well as preparing:
*We have a free local entertainment magazine and I use this to seek out things to do like free events, lectures and music.
*I go through coupons in my purse and see what I have for food and drink ones. These coupons or cards are bought on Group Buying Websites, Ebay or from collecting stamps locally (such as coffee cards)
*I make sure to have food with me to eat so I am not tempted to purchase snacks or a meal
I then plan my day which can look something like this:
1. Go to the local farmers market. One of the vendors has a large basket with free apples! YUM! Some other vendors also have samples of their products which I like to sample.
2. Attend an exhibit at the local Art School Gallery
3. Get a Free Coffee at a local establishment with a coupon. I usually bring my laptop and end up talking to random customers while I am sitting there.
4. Pack a lunch or snacks and eat it in the park – Of course this is for nice days!
5. Head over to the library to get a few books I have been wanting to read or dvd’s I’ve been wanting to rent. Sometimes the library has lectures at noon which can be interesting.
6. Make dinner at home or use a coupon that I have.
7. Check out a free music show or open mike/comedy at a local bar
In the summer there are lots of free things to do! This would be more fun to do with several people.
Try planning a FREE day of events, it’s a lot of fun and you’ll be surprised as to what you’ll find!