DIY Polka Dot Nails
|August 15, 2011||Posted by under Fashion, Health & Beauty|
Well, one of the 2011 fall trends is polka dots. If you think you look like a 12 year old in a polka dot dress or skirt, why not try doing your nails for this trend instead!? If I can do it, so can you, trust me! I didn’t have any bobby pins (hair grips) so I had to buy some at the dollar store so I could do this. Seriously, it’s fun and easy! A nice dark navy/white combo would be nice as well so I found a few pics of different combinations to share with you. I did a purple/white combo for my nails.
Here is a tutorial I found on Channel4.com:
You will need:
At least two nail varnishes (Emily used Nails Inc Caramel and Sally Hansen French White Tips)
A hair grip
- Paint your nails with one of your colours. Allow it to dry.
- Take your hair grip and bend it until it’s straight.
- Dip the end of the hair grip into your second nail varnish.
- Using the round end of the hair grip, dab it on to your nails. The round end creates a perfect polka dot.
- Repeat on all nails and voila – perfect spotty nails!