DIY Groovy Eco-Friendly Decorations for the Holidays
|December 21, 2011||Posted by under Green Living, Holidays, Home Decorating|
I know this post is a little late but if you’re like me you don’t really start doing any of these things until now.
As you already know, I don’t do the typical holiday decorating. To be honest I find all those traditional Christmas decorations really tacky and over the top. I prefer decorating using recycled or seasonal items to make things look natural & seasonal in my house. I found some amazing easy and cheap ideas for you guys so you can decorate in style and not make your dwelling look like it threw up Christmas decorations from the dollar store. Have fun!
1. Wine Bottle Accent Lights: These are so nice! I have a few cobalt bottles on hand I want to use for this project. These can be used year round! I would use LED lights for these myself.
2. Peppermint Candy Dish with Candles: Just buy some nice looking peppermints and do this. No instructions required!
3. Spruce & Berry Filled Mason Jars: Great if you’re having a dinner party or for on your mantel!
4. Pine/Spruce Branches and/or Holly in a Vase: You can cut some branches, holly or any other seasonal plant or tree found this time of year and put it in a cool mason jar, funky vase or even a recycled bottle. I do this and it looks great.
5. Cinnamon Stick Candle: An easy craft to make and really cute!