Top 5 Travel Items for the Urban Fashionista
|March 6, 2012||Posted by under Fashion, Travel|
I travel roughly 6 times a year for leisure. Mind you, I do not take all of these items with me when I am away for 3-4 days. When I travel for a longer period of time, this is how I roll! By the way, this list is for people traveling in cities or places where you don’t really want to get dirty and are going to places where you need to dress nicely! This list is definitely not for a hiking, outdoorsy or camping trip. Just saying!
Here is my list of 5 things to take for longer journeys
1. Jo Mangone Go-Mini Steamer: For just $20 you can own one of these awesome travel steamers which comes with a pouch. They take little space and work wonders! When I don’t have this on hand I place my clothes in the bathroom when taking a hot shower to help the creases fade but this is much better! I really don’t like ironing and even when I am staying somewhere with an ironing board, I still prefer to steam my clothes.
2. Woolite Travel Packages: These are great for hand washing your clothes and come in individual packets. I only bring a week’s worth of undergarments and clothes even though I can be gone for 3 weeks. Takes very little space! If you can’t find these where you live, take Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castille Soap with you. They sell small bottles (59ml – 1 oz) at the health food store and I’ve used it for washing my clothes by hand. I recommend the Lavender.
3. Sally Hansen Strengthening Double Duty Top/Base Coat ($5-7) & ELF Nail Polish Remover Pads ($2): I know this is silly but I like to keep nice nails and look polished even when I am running around and traveling. I always give myself a manicure right before traveling that will last me 4-5 days (if you use a glitter polish on top of your base colour this will extend your manicure). However after that time frame, the nails start to chip and I don’t want to pay $20 to get them done. The Sally Hansen product serves as a top and base coat. Just bring a mini polish with you and the compact ELF polish remover pads and you’re good to go. Of course this also works for pedicures! The top/base coat is also great for fixing holes in pantyhose & tights! Stick to a colour that will match most outfits. I love Taupes & Greys in the colder months and light pinks and frosty translucent whites for warmer months.
4. DIY Personal Stylist Kit: This is a post I wrote awhile back. You can keep all of these items in a small cosmetic case. You can pretty much fix most fashion mishaps with things in this kit, at least temporarily!
5. Non-Petroleum Jelly: This is wicked as a make up remover, skin softener (especially for elbows, knees, lips…) and you can smear some on your lashes to make them shine if you don’t have mascara on hand. AND you can put a bit on your eyelids to get a nice dewy natural glow. It’s a great product overall!